There are consequences to an active lifestyle. Apart from the obvious one, like health and good mental status, a lot of activities may also mean muscle soreness. It is a typical part of life for those who like combat sports, like wrestling, martial arts, or even boxing, but can also be found in people who enjoy a quiet game of golf. Here is where Tiger Balms intervenes.
There are a lot of solutions for muscle pains. Medicine has come a long way in the past few years. However, not all solutions are embraced by everyone. Painkillers are one way to go, but they cause addiction, and it seems that the body can become immune to a certain active agent. Special baths are also a viable solution, but if you are an active person, you will not have the patience of laying in the bathtub for an hour each day, am I right?
That is why the most appropriate solution would be an ointment. You just rub it on the affected area, and you can go on about your business. You don’t have to wait, it’s a quick fix, and the pain will go away as fast as possible.
What is Tiger Balm?
Tiger Balm is a pain relief ointment that has been around for approximately 100 years. I don’t think it’s possible for you not to have heard of it before. Just ask your parents or grandparents. You will see that they know about it. It is used for back pains, muscle strains, and cramps, as well as for any other pain related to an active way of life.
The fact that its existence goes a long way tell us that its efficiency is well proven by millions and millions of users. No product survives this long if it’s not good for something, doesn’t it?
Tiger Balm is no scientific miracle, I’ll tell you that. People were able to manufacture it a very long time ago, so its ingredients are not a breakthrough or anything. However, in its simplicity, this ointment is as efficient as any other modern pain relief cream, if not more. It has survived among hundreds of other products in its category for so long, which means it must be doing something right.
The ingredients are as follows:
- Methyl Salicylate – this element is used to treat minor pains and aches such as muscle cramps, strains, arthritis related pains, joint pains, etc. It is an active ingredient that takes the pain away in just a matter of minutes.
- Menthol – together with the methyl salicylate, is known as a powerful counterirritant. The two ingredients act by giving the skin a cooling, but then a warm sensation. While you have these sensations, you are totally distracted from the pain you have deeper in the affected tissue. It’s a simple, but a very effective strategy.
- Camphor – used topically, as it is the case with Tiger Balm, camphor increases blood flow. It also acts as a counterirritant reducing pain and swelling. It stimulates nerve endings as well. All with the purpose of relieving pain and itching
There are a few other ingredients, but they are not worth mentioning because they are inactive. Their utility is to give the rub a non-greasy feeling and or inhibit smell.
The ingredients in Tiger Balm are mostly harmless. I say ‘mostly’ because there if you apply the ointment on damagedskin, you are going to have a bad day.
Advantages of Tiger Balm
Tiger Balm comes with a lot of benefits. How else would people buy this product for so long? You may be familiar with a few, but there are some that may still surprise you, especially if you have a few decades on your ID card and haven’t used the product in a while.
It takes the pain away
I started with the most obvious advantage of them all. After all, pain relief is the whole purpose of this ointment. Thanks to its active ingredients, Tiger Balms is highly efficient for backaches, joints, arthritis, muscle strains and many other discomforts that you may have and are activity related.
You can keep going
It’s a bit annoying to stop everything you are doing just because of the pain, right? I know what it means. If you are the gym, you have to stop. If you are playing with your kids, you have to stop. Anything you do, you have to cease all activities because you are hurting. But not with Tiger Balm. Just apply the rub, and you can keep doing what you were doing. The pain will stop even if you don’t rest.
It’s not greasy
Tiger Balm is cream base, which means that the skin will absorb it fast enough. You can apply it and then put clothes over, no problem. Also, there will be no discomfort. You know that feeling, the one when you feel dirty and greasy underneath. Everyone hates that. But this ointment will not give you that sensation.
It does not stain
You may think of this as a superficial aspect of a pain relief cream, that until all your clothes have nasty stains. Maybe they are your work clothes, or maybe is a top you really love. Do you really want stains all over it? I didn’t think so. But Tiger Balm has a new formula that does not stain. There are people who order it just for this precise reason.
You can even prevent pain
Are you a runner or you like long workouts at the gym? Then this is for you. You can apply Tiger Balm after a few miles. Not only that it will give you a relief sensation, but the pain will stay away. Tired muscles can sometimes mean achy muscles. But not with Tiger Balm Ultra Strenght. Its formula was specially designed for athletes.
Just like any other product in the world, Tiger Balm also has a few drawback. They are not serious, but this a review so I have to mention them
It can be stinky
The original formula, unlike the new one, can be a little bit disturbing to the nose. It’s not something serious, but you may not want to go to work after you applied the rub. People still buy Tiger Balm, even if it smells weird because it does the job it was meant for. Consider buying the original Tiger Balm to use it when you don’t have to go anywhere, and buy Tiger Balm Ultra Strenght for when you have to get out of the house. The latter smells a lot better.
It melts in the summer
Tiger Balm is cream based so you cannot have it any other way. Pay attention where you buy the product from (for packaging considerations). Also, store it in a cold, dark place in the summer. It is very sensitive to heat. You may end up with an oily rub, instead of a creamy one. Spilling is also easier.
Tiger Balm vs. Icy Hot
Tiger Balm is not the only pain relief ointment on the market, as you can imagine. There are hundreds of other products. Some of them are worthy to be called a competitor, while others are not even worth mentioning.
One worthy opponent to Tiger Balm is the Icy Hot ointment. Some may say that the two are exactly the same thing. Of course, there are similarities. They both have the same purpose, after all. But there are a few differences too.
Tiger Balm, as well as Icy Hot, work on the same principle. They both give a cold sensation at first, then they heat up the affected area, so the cream penetrates the dermis. When it comes to this, both products are the same, no doubt about it.
As far as the ingredients go, Icy Hot does not have Camphor in its list, like Tiger Balms has. Icy hot has two other extra ingredients, but they are inactive, so their effect is non-existent.
Unlike Tiger Balm, Icy Hotdoes not have an anti-inflammatory agent, which is why is most often recommended for athletes and people who have minor muscle pains. Tiger Balm, however, can go a long way for people who suffer a little bit more, like the ones who suffer from arthritis.
When it comes to the two products, at the end of the day is just a matter of preference. They are both great products that do their jobs as pain relief ointments. They provide comfort and relief to those who need them, which is all that matters. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Tiger Balm Assortments
The manufacturer is perfectly aware of the fact that people are different and they don’t all have the same needs. When it comes to pain, every person has a different perception, which is why Tiger Balm comes in many assortments.
Tiger Balm Red Extra Strenght Pain Relieving Ointment
This rub is meant for individuals who experience a larger amount of pain than the original Tiger Balm can handle. The difference between the original product and this one is that the latter contains more Camphor, 25 % to be more precise. The usual rub has only 11%.
Due to a larger amount of topical analgesic, the ointment is capable of relieving pain that is more acute than usual. It really comes in handy if you are used to doing a lot of physical activity or if you experience a severe muscle strain.
Tiger Balm Neck and Shoulder Rub
This one is perfect for people with a busy lifestyle or for those who spend a lot of time in front of a computer. A badsitting down posture can cause horrible neck pain. It acts fast and efficient, which means you can continue with your usual schedule for the day. All you have to do is apply the ointment on the affected area and continue your activities. You will forget about the pain in no time.
What seems to be very convenient about this formula is that is a non-greasy, non-staining rub. You can even use it at work. The skin will absorb it right up, and your clothes will not have to suffer. It will not even smell. This Tiger Balm has the odor of the original ointment.
Tiger Balm Ultra Strength
I mentioned this one somewhere above. It is perfect for athletes, or people who like an active lifestyle. Gym-goers will also love this one, not only as a treatment for mild muscle cramps but also as a preventive treatment after a long run or workout.
It doesn’t stain, your clothes are safe from damage. Also, it smells better than most Tiger Balm product, which makes it okay for use outside the comfort of your home.
Tiger Balm Red Extra Strength Herbal Rub Muscles Headache Pain Relief Ointment
This one is perfect for vast areas of the body. There are people who have issues with their muscles and joints, and this product provides immediate relief. You can find it in big jars, so you don’t have to buy tens of little jars. That is the beauty of Tiger Balm; it comes in all sorts of sizes.
The herbal rub from Tiger Balm is perfect for those who want to enjoy the powerful healing skills of nature, instead of other pain relieving drugs. And just because it’s made mostly from natural herbs, that doesn’t mean its efficacy is weaker than the other Tiger Blam products.
Tiger Balm White Ointment HR Pain Relief
This one has a larger use, not only pain relief. It can also treat dizziness, bug bites, stuffy noses, itchy skin, as well as muscle strains and painful joints. Many people would buy this one because of its general use, rather than purchasing a different treatment for all conditions. It makes perfect sense if you think about it.
Tiger Balm is a traditional product, so to speak. It has been around many years, and people reached a point when they don’t even ask anymore what they need for a certain something. All they know is that Tiger Balm will relieve their pain, just as it did a few decades back. It is nice to see a brand with such consistency in their production, isn’t it? They may have new formulas, but they have never given up on their old one. Click here to buy on Amazon
- The Hidden Truth About Tiger Balm Boots
- What You Must Know About Tiger Rub
- Uncommon Article Gives You the Facts on Tiger Bomb Cream That Only a Few People Know Exist
- What Pain Balm Is – and What it Is Not
- The Importance of Original Tiger Balm
- Introducing Tiger Balm Red Ointment
- The Leaked Secret to Tiger Balm for Back Pain Disclosed
- Instant Solutions for Tigerbalsam in Easy to Follow Step by Step Format
- Tiger Balm Pain Relieving Ointment Reviews & Tips
- Tiger Balm Arthritis Rub – an Overview
- Tiger Balm Price Options
- Choosing Good Tiger Balm
- Things You Won’t Like About Tiger Bomb and Things You Will
- The Inexplicable Mystery Into Tiger Balm Red
- Things You Should Know About Tiger Balm Uses
- Why Everyone Is Talking About White Tiger Balm and What You Should Do
- How to Choose Tiger Balm White
- Finding Tiger Palm on the Web
- What Everybody Is Saying About Tiger Balm Ingredients Is Dead Wrong and Why
- Want to Know More About Wild Tiger Balm?
- The Basic Facts of Red Tiger Balm
- What Everybody Is Saying About Tiger Balm Patch Is Wrong and Why
- The Little-Known Secrets to Tiger Balm Ointment
- New Article Reveals the Low Down on Tiger Balm Ultra and Why You Must Take Action Today
- Read What an Old Pro is Saying About Tiger Balm Ultra Strength
- The Tiger Balm Oil ChroniclesThe Death of Tiger Balm OilThere are not any side-effects to be concerned about and you may escape back pain right in the contentment of of your own house
- Most Noticeable Tiger Balm Cream
- How to Find Tiger Bomb Ointment on the Web
- Tiger Balm Pain Relieving Patch Tips & Guide
- A Review of Tiger Ointment
- Find Out Who’s Talking About Tiger Balm Products and Why You Should Be Worried
- Tiger Balm Muscle Rub Exposed
- The Undisputed Truth About Tiger Balm Extra Strength That the Experts Don’t Want You to Know
- Tiger Balm Red Extra Strength Options
- Balm Tiger Can Be Fun for Everyone